BACKGROUND AND TRAINING
Alex has always had a keen interest in human psychology, communication and interpersonal relations. After attending a seminar by Tony Robbins, world renowed psychologist, coach and speaker, Alex decided to train with him, master the skills of strategic intervention and help people around the world to find love and passion. Alex has completed the Robbins Mastery University, including the 6 days intensive seminar "Date with Destiny" in Australia, where she vowed she would help others in her future work, and the Robbins-Madanes Coach Training, which gained her the title of "Marriage Educator" and "Strategic Interventionist". Alex uses the cutting edge tools of "Human Needs Psychology" to help her clients understand what drives them and why they do what they do, the "7 Master Skills of Relationships" and her experience as a coach and NLP Practitioner to help create a more fulfilling and compelling plan of action.
You are not alone
Once, many moons ago, Alex was sitting exactly where you are now just before going on her quest to find answers about her marriage.
“I’m an intelligent woman”, she thought. “I’ve got a degree, a PGCE and I’ve had a successful career for over a decade as a professional singer. Communicating with people and making them happy is what I do, so why on earth can’t I communicate with my husband? And why on earth can’t I make us happy?”
We’ve all been there
Alex and her husband Matt’s relationship was at breaking point. Parents to young boys, financially struggling and bogged down with life, they had little left for each other at the end of their long days, but animosity.
“And it shouldn’t be like this, should it?”, Alex bemoaned to her friend at a seminar. “Love should be easy and effortless and wonderful, yet what we are experiencing is difficult, forced and painful. To be honest, I am no longer experiencing love and I feel like I am doing everything. But I’m afraid that if I let Matt do anything, he will just screw up”.
“Well, let him” said her friend. “Let him have fun screwing up. It’s how we learn”.
How you approach your life determines your success
Everyone has their turning point. That was Alex’s. Suddenly she no longer saw her marriage as something that needed fixing, but as something real, flawed and therefore ultimately beautiful. What she previously saw as cracks, she now saw as opportunities to grow, explore and nurture their uniqueness. She became fascinated by the concept of masculine and feminine energies, and how you can embody both energies in varying degrees, regardless of your biological gender. Everyone, however, has a natural core energy and the more removed and detached from that you become, the more removed and detached from your true self you become.
Sitting, surrounded by her business mail, with a phone in the crook of her neck and another hand tapping out sales emails, Alex realised one day that she had become removed and detached. She had commandeered the trousers in her relationship and her husband, because he loved her and wanted to make her happy, had reluctantly accepted the skirt.
Let it be you
She called Matt into the room and, in a moment of complete surrender, she said: “I can’t do this anymore”. Recognising the moment he had long been waiting for, Matt silently gathered the mail up and retreated into their study. Never had the post been undertaken with such keen and long-repressed virility. He later summed it up by saying: “Guys don’t need much to feel like a man. Just ask me to open a jam jar every now and then and I am happy”. That day, Matt learnt that to feel like a man, he first had to feel needed by his woman – and Alex learnt that there is a massive difference between asking someone for help and demanding that someone should help you.
The change always starts with you
Her marriage was now her priority. She trained with the Robbins-Madanes Center for Marriage Education and Divorce Prevention and completed Tony Robbins Mastery University. She also did other coaching and NLP courses, devoured every book on the topic of relationships that she could get her hands on, and then employed other coaches and mentors for ongoing support, study and sanity. She didn’t tell Matt what she was doing at first, and instead fed everything she learnt back into her relationship. Slowly and surely, it began to heal.
Put love first
Years later, things are very different. Her family and her husband come first. Daily dinner time is of vital importance as everyone gets together to share, talk and learn from each other.
“My kids teach me so much”, laughs Alex. “I told them all about “The 6 Human Needs” that I was learning about as part of my training with Tony and Cloe [at the Robbins-Madanes Center], and they were very insistent that thetre should be 8, to include "care" and "friends". I can travel the world, learning from the best of the best, but my husband and my boys will not only always teach me more, but they humble and ground me in the process”.
Magic can be created
As Alex says: “If I learned anything from my marriage journey is that I am all about LOVE and I will do whatever it takes to put that back into relationships. Speak, coach, write, sing – I’ll even do handstands if I have to, but I will do whatever it takes. I do this because we deserve nothing less. We all deserve love, it’s just no ne wants to feel like they have to be perfect in order to get it. Change starts from a place of unconditional love and acceptance, and with a bit of time and trust, magic can be created.”
How Alex can help you
Alex is proud to be able share her learnings and experience to help you create the relationship of your dreams. She is available as a key-note speaker and for a limited number of private coaching sessions.
Alex would like to thank:
- Matt, my husband and soul mate, for loving me unconditionally, being present and calling me his princess. You are my hero.
- My children Josh, Luca and Taylor, for teaching me something new every day and allowing me to experience gratitude at a level I never knew could exist.
- Peter Sage, for telling me exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the right time to become the person I so longed to be.
- Tony Robbins, for igniting the fire in me.
- Cloe Madanes, for re-awakening the academic in me.
- Mark Peysha, for putting on the most awesome teleclasses.
- Joseph McClendon III, for being the first person to introduce me to real healthy living, and allowing me to live a life where I never have to see my children ill.
- Laura Doyle, for having the guts to write "The Surrendered Wife".
- Jayne Thorpe, writer, coach and friend, for seeing in me and in my relationship what I couldn’t even see myself and for believing in me way before I did.
- Karl Pearsall, for making me step up without even knowing you were doing so.
- Harry Singha, for leading from the heart and inspiring me to do the same.
- Topher Morrison, for sharing your experience and knowledge and helping me to be the best speaker that I can be.
- Tosin Ogunnusi, for teaching me everything I know about NLP.
- All my wonderful friends and family, mentors, and any speakers out there that has ever awakened a desire in me, to learn, grow and be the best person I can be, for this, I sincerely thank you. Toni Brodelle, Elwin Robinson, Shazzie, JP Morgan, Karl Whitfield, Allan Kleynhans, David Taylor, your friendship / love / teachings / support, have had an impact on my life that I will always be grateful for.
- All my clients, for trusting me with your innermost fears and secrets and allowing me to help, and for teaching me more than you can imagine.
- And last but not least, the universe, for bringing about all the opportunities that needed to come up for me to experience the lessons I was supposed to learn.
And as I carry on with my journey, I know there will be more friends, new and old, some of you already know who you are, that will continue to bless my life. For all your help in advance, I thank you sincerely.